Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Still kicking over here...

Yup! I'm back, I had an unplanned week and a half, sort of break from both the internet and TV over here. I am starting to feel a little more on top of things, and am super excited to share some of the fun crafts and things we have been busy with over here! And... I've got to go watch Parenthood on hulu and get caught back up. :)

I won't go into to much detail, because I don't want to sound melodramatic, but I know a few of you have been worried about me and where I disappeared too. By the way, thank you for that, blogging has definitely given me some amazing friends, and I am so grateful for you!

I guess I just have a hard time dealing with things sometimes, and it just catches up to me. Since having Nora and then almost immediately having to go through Molly's brain surgery, I just feel like I am waiting for a chance to get caught up with life again, I haven't felt settled. I can't sleep and just worry, and wait for the day when things will be normal again. And then I feel super guilty, because things are great and I am truly grateful. There are so many other friends and people who are going through such hard things in there lives and didn't get the great news we got. But it is just hard dealing with everything, and trying to get over it. As weird as this might sound, the hardest part is watching to girls do something cute, or learn something new, or when Molly tells me she loves me, I know I couldn't live without them, and I worry all the time that something will happen again. But I am praying for peace.


Anyways, here is some of the craziness of the past week, sort of an update for those who are curious. We've had:

- A Harry Potter Halloween Party! (pics to come)
- Molly's Parent Teacher Conference! (doing SO great)
- Swimming Lessons for the girls! (Nora is loving it, and Molly jumps off the diving board!)
- MOPS (I help with the new MOPS group at our church)
- Emergency trip to the dentist when Molly fell into the toy box and jammed her teeth into her gums. (Ouch!)
- Our friend Lynette took our family pictures! (She is amazing!)
- Taxi service for Preschool and Gymnastics. :)
- Took a last minute day trip to Chicago with the girls to go to the FREE aquarium day!
- Finished reading all 6 Madelyn Alt Bewitching Mysteries, thanks for the recommendation Cassie.
- Went line dancing with one of my best friends! (yee-ha)
- Tried glass etching again with much better success!
- And much more...

5 comments:

  1. So glad you are back! :) And glad you have been having fun!

    I hope you find peace soon! I can't imagine what it feels like to go through all of that stuff! Praying for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have had some time off from blogging, but you certainly didn't have time off from life! So glad you are feeling more inner peace:) Can't wait to see your glass etching, I really love that craft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that you can call me ANYTIME if you need to talk! dont worry if I am sleeping or not. and if you are up at night and can not sleep call me at work. you ahve been through so much lately and I can not imagine going through it all. Just know that Brad and I are here for you guys no matter what you need. we love you guys (and the girls) so much!!! we need to hang out soon. Let me know when it works with you even if it is just to grab ice cream or something! Call Me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are headed to the Shedd aquarium in two weeks for a free day. Any tips? I've never been!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are back and getting back in the swing of things. Try not to feel overwhelmed and remember to enjoy each and every day with your loved ones and friends!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete